Struthers Legal Services
Founded in 2016, Struthers Legal Services is a Paralegal Firm located in Brantford, Ontario. We advocate for clients before the Small Claims Court for various civil litigation matters such as contract disputes, defective workmanship, collection of unpaid accounts, property disputes, judgment enforcement, and so much more. We also frequently appear before the Landlord and Tenant Board representing Landlords on any and all issues related to a residential tenancy.
- Struthers Legal Services was established by Jackie Struthers, a licensed Paralegal with years of experience helping clients navigate the legal system. Jackie graduated with Honours from the Paralegal Program at Seneca College. With an educational background in English and Political Science from McMaster University, Jackie excels at communicating with clients and colleagues to ensure you receive the best representation for your matter.
- Jackie has received expert training in Alternative Dispute Resolution and has conducted mediations resulting in thousands of dollars of recovery for her clients. Jackie is also an accredited member of the Law Society of Ontario and the Ontario Paralegal Association.
- Since 2018, Jackie has been a Coach with the Law Society of Ontario’s Coach and Advisor Network. As a Coach, she assists other lawyers and paralegals in the development of best practices and practice management skills.
Check out the latest case from Struthers Legal Services, featured in the Brantford Expositor!
At Struthers Legal Services, you will find all the help you need. Jackie recently helped two men argue a casino payout in court and subsequently win big. Read more about the story here →
Small Claims Court
The Small Claims Court is a branch of the Superior Court of Justice that deals with lawsuits that do not exceed $35,000.00; which are seldom regarded as “small” to most clients. Retaining a licensed Paralegal can make the process of issuing a claim in Small Claims Court a less stressful and time-consuming experience. Litigation is a legal process used to resolve disputes between parties, but just because the matter is within the Small Claims Court, does not mean the legal issues are less complex than those in higher courts. Small Claims Court is an intricate legal system where the expertise of an experienced and knowledgeable Paralegal is crucial.
We assist clients on issues involving:
- Defective Workmanship
- Promissory Notes
- Debtor/Creditor Disputes
- Real Estate Disputes
- Property Disputes
- Breach of Contract
- Damage to Property
- Contractor Disputes
- Judgment Enforcement
Landlord and Tenant
At Struthers Legal Services, we protect the rights and interests of residential Landlords by effectively negotiating settlement of a dispute on your behalf, or aggressively representing you at a hearing before the Landlord and Tenant Board.
We assist Landlords on issues involving:
- Termination of a tenancy because of non-payment of rent
- Termination of a tenancy for persistently late rent
- Termination of a tenancy because of property damage
- Termination of a tenancy because of inappropriate/illegal behaviour
- Termination of a tenancy to perform major repairs or renovations
- Termination of a tenancy for personal use
- Termination of a tenancy for failure to abide by terms of a settlement or order
- Orders to collect rent arrears or compensation for damages
- Unauthorized occupants, assignments or sublets
Notary Public & Commissioner of Oaths
A notary public is a person who can serve as an official witness to the execution (signing) of contracts, agreements, and an almost limitless array of legal documents. A notary may also certify documents to be true copies of the original. Notarization simply refers to an official act of a Notary. A notary also has the authority to administer oaths, solemn affirmations, and declarations that are used for affidavits and statutory declarations. Please note that you must sign in the physical presence of the Notary for her to notarize your signature. Do not sign your document before coming in for your appointment.
Examples of some documents we notarize/commission:
- Statutory Declarations
- Certified True Copies of Legal Documents
- Sworn Statement for a Family Gift of a Used Motor Vehicle
- Consent Letter for Children Travelling Abroad
- Visa Application Letter
We notarize documents for a flat rate of $50.00 for the first signature. Any additional signatures from the notary are only $20.00 per document. If you are unsure if your document needs to be notarized or commissioned, please call us today. Valid Photo ID is required for all notary and/or commissioner services.
Here is what some of our clients had to say about Struthers Legal Services.
I worked with Jackie as a landlord for getting my house back. Jackie has always been upfront and professional throughout the process. Most importantly, she was very responsive in answering my questions. Jackie's confidence and clear direction greatly eased my frustration. The fees were fair and clear. Highly recommend her!
- Dafei F.
My first time using Struthers Legal Services. I found Jackie to be very professional, well organized, knowledgeable & responsive. Helped guide me through small claims court filing which was more complicated by Covid. I would recommend Jackie highly & would not hesitate to use her services again.
- Craig R.
Jackie is extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. I am new to property management and she has helped me extensively with a number of LTB issues. I would highly recommend her services to anybody.
- Jake N.
Jackie is the best! She handled everything with the LTB efficiently and in a timely matter. She was very knowledgeable and was always ready to answer my questions. I probably emailed her every day, and she never made it seem like I was bothering her. She was always ready to answer any questions. I highly recommend Jackie at Struthers Legal Service!!
- Amanda K.
Swipe to read more →
Check out more reviews on Google
Frequently Asked Questions
Going to court is a very expensive proposition at the best of times. Paralegals can help you reduce litigation costs as their fees are much lower than those of a lawyer.
Paralegals have experience in the proper presentation of evidence in court and advocacy, negotiation, mediation and arbitration skills. They also are skilled in legal research and legal writing which, together with their actual court and tribunal appearances, equip them to assist you with your matter.
Paralegals are very conversant with the ever-changing rules, procedures and court forms in their areas of practice.
- Photo Identification
- Documents related to your matter including correspondence with other parties
- Names of other parties involved
- Court Documents (if applicable)
- Photos/Videos (if applicable)
- Any notes you may have taken
Struthers Legal Services is a Paralegal Firm located in Brantford, Ontario. If you require legal assistance, please contact us via Telephone or Email using the information provided below. We look forward to hearing from you! You may also tap or click on the map to find our location.
Address340 Henry Street, Unit 14,
Brantford, ON N3S 7V9
Connect With Us
Brantford, Burlington, Cambridge, Cayuga, Guelph, Haldimand, Halton, Hamilton, Kitchener, Mississauga, Oakville, St. Catharines, Simcoe, Toronto, Welland
Monday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Tuesday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Wednesday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Thursday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Friday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
By appointment only.
Please call for details.
Jaclyn Struthers Professional Corporation, operating as Struthers Legal Services, is licensed by the Law Society of Ontario to provide legal services addressing issues involving Business & Commerce, Consumer Law, Tort Law, Construction Law, Contract Law, Insurance Law, Residential Tenancies, Environmental Law, and Real Estate Disputes within the Province of Ontario, Canada. This website is for information purposes only and is not to be relied on as legal advice. Use of this website does not create a client relationship.